200 Hudson St
Navigate the Chaos
Socrates noted, “To know thyself is the beginning of wisdom.” How well do you know yourself?
This event, Navigate the Chaos (very uniquely phrased by Dr. Edmondson) will help you learn the foundations of an entrepreneurial mindset and challenge you to ask yourself questions in order to increase your self-awareness. Are you up for the challenge?
Speaker(s): Dr. Michael Edmondson, Interim Dean, College of Professional Studies at New Jersey City University (NJCU).
About Dr. Edmondson: He has published four books with Business Experts Press: ‘Marketing Your Value: 9 Steps to Navigate Your Career’, ‘Major in Happiness: Debunking the College Major Fallacies’, ‘Success: Theory and Practice, and Strategic Thinking and Writing.’ His fifth book, The ‘Relevance of the Humanities to the 21st Century Workplace’ is will be published later this year. Dr. Edmondson has a BA from Cabrini University, an MA from Villanova University, and a Ph.D. from Temple University.
We will go over:
- The traits and habits of successful people
- The relationship of self-awareness to success
- The link between personal growth and professional development
- Questions to ask yourself about how often you work towards your goals
- and MORE!
Sponsored and paid for by: the United States Small Business Administration, Small Business Development Center at NJCU, and New Jersey City University.
Parking & Transportation:
To get to the NJCU School of Business, it is recommended that you travel using public transportation due to limited parking spaces.
If using public transportation, get there:
- By Hudson-Bergen Light Rail: Traveling from the direction of either Bayonne or Hoboken, exit at the Harborside Station stop in Jersey City.
- By PATH Train from 33rd Street: Take the train marked Journal Square. At the Pavonia Newport Station transfer from the same track to the train marked World Trade Center and exit at the next stop which is Exchange Place. The Harborside is adjacent to the station entrance, to the north.
- By Bus: New Jersey Transit has a comprehensive bus system that includes third party buses that stop at Exchange Place. Please visit the NJ Transit website for additional information and assistance planning a convenient route. Exit buses at the Exchange Place Station. Harborside is adjacent to the station entrance, to the north.
If you’re driving, you can park at these nearby garages:
- 110 Plaza 5 Garage – 160 Greene St.
- LM Plaza 4A Parking – 135 Greene St.
- Columbus Garage – 66 Christopher Columbus Dr.
- One Parking – 10 Exchange Pl.
Training Courses and Event Policy:
Because we value the safety and security of our attendees and the communities they participate in, the following will not be accepted at any event hosted, organized, or participated by the NJSBDC at NJCU.
- Children under 12 years of age.
- Children between 12-18 years of age without parental supervision.
- Inappropriate language or behavior.
- Unprofessional attire.
Event attendees/participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event at the discretion of the event staff.
*EVENT TIME, LOCATION, AND/OR DATE CAN BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE*