How to Whitelist Emails from NJSBDC at NJCU
Thank you for subscribing to us!
We’re excited to be a part of your entrepreneurial journey! We’ll be sharing our news, training, and resources for small businesses in Hudson County, NJ.
But before we do that, we want to make sure that you can receive all of our emails.
Why is this important?
Many e-mail and internet service providers have put in aggressive programs and filtering system to block unwanted e-mails (also known as spam).
NJSBDC at NJCU understands and loves their intention to protect all of us from spam, but current systems are far from perfect.
Often these programs block e-mails that you actually want to get.
Here’s how you can help the system prevent “false positives” and join the fight against spam.
Solution: White-list Emails from SBDC@NJCU.EDU
A whitelist is a list of email addresses of people who you want to receive emails from (and your emailing system will never block those).
It’s a way for you to tell your email provider that the NJSBDC is my friend/business partner, and I actually want to learn from them.
Here’s how to whitelist us before important emails are interrupted
Of course, every e-mail system is different. Below are instructions for some of the more popular ones. If yours isn’t here, please contact your email provider’s customer service for their instructions.
1. In your inbox, find an email from firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g. your welcome email)
2. Drag this email to the “primary” tab of your inbox.
3. Add us to your contacts, so we can be friends.
4. You’ll see that all our emails will go to your primary folder in the future!
Hover over the sender’s email. Select “Add to contacts”. That’s it! You’re done!
APPLE MAC MAIL
Select “Mail” and “Preferences” from the top menu.
In the “Preferences” window, click the “Rules” icon.
Click the “Add Rule” button.
In the “Rules” window, type a name for your rule in the “Description” field.
Use the following settings: “If any of the following conditions are met: From Contains.”
Type our email address (email@example.com) in the text field beside “Contains.”
Select “Move Message” and “Inbox” from the drop-down menus. Click “Ok” to save the rule.
OUTLOOK 2003 & LATER
Right-click on the message in your inbox.
Select “Junk E-mail” from the menu.
Click “Add Sender to Safe Senders List.”
1. Click “Options” in the upper right-hand corner.
2. At the top of the page, click on the “Junk E-mail Protection” Link
3. Next, click on “Safe List”, which is down near the bottom
4. Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org where it says “Type an address or domain”
5. Click the “Add” button