Navigate the Chaos
Socrates noted, “To know thyself is the beginning of wisdom.” How well do you know yourself?
This seminar, Navigating the Chaos, very uniquely phrased by Dr. Edmondson, will challenge you to ask yourself questions in order to increase your self-awareness. Are you up for the challenge?
Speaker(s): Dr. Michael Edmondson, Dean of Professional Education and Lifelong Learning (PELL) at New Jersey City University.
About Dr. Edmondson: He has published four books with Business Experts Press: ‘Marketing Your Value: 9 Steps to Navigate Your Career’, ‘Major in Happiness: Debunking the College Major Fallacies’, ‘Success: Theory and Practice, and Strategic Thinking and Writing.’ His fifth book, The ‘Relevance of the Humanities to the 21st Century Workplace’ is will be published later this year. Dr. Edmondson has a BA from Cabrini University, an MA from Villanova University, and a Ph.D. from Temple University.
We will go over:
- The traits and habits of successful people
- The relationship of self-awareness to success
- The link between personal growth and professional development
- Questions to ask yourself about how often you work towards your goals
- and MORE!
Sponsored and paid for by: the United States Small Business Administration, Small Business Development Center at NJCU, and New Jersey City University.
Training Courses and Event Policy:
Because we value the safety and security of our attendees and the communities they participate in, the following will not be accepted at any event hosted, organized, or participated by the NJSBDC at NJCU.
- Children under 12 years of age.
- Children between 12-18 years of age without parental supervision.
- Inappropriate language or behavior.
- Unprofessional attire.
Event attendees/participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event at the discretion of the event staff.
*EVENT TIME, LOCATION, AND/OR DATE CAN BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
The Symposium will be held on December 6 and hosted by Dr. Bernard McSherry, Dean, and New Jersey City University in Jersey City, NJ. This half day morning event will begin with a 9:00 AM registration and contain two nationally recognized key note speakers on financial literacy. Additionally, there are two tracks for participants – one track for classroom educators and one track for community leaders and not-for-profits.
What Organizations would Benefit?
• Community Nonprofits
• Faith-based organizations
• State and Local Government Agencies
Who Should Attend?
• Directors and Program Administrators
• Community Volunteers
What Financial Topics will be Addressed?
• Strategies for Promoting Financial Wellness in Disadvantaged Communities
• Advancing Financial Capability through Technology Access and Literacy
• Beth Kobliner, Best-selling Author: Get a Financial Life,
Personal Finance in Your Twenties & Thirties, Make Your Kid a
• Jonathan Clements, Former Personal-finance Columnist, The
Wall Street Journal, and Author: How to Think About Money