Starting a Business & Writing a Business Plan
This workshop is directed to the entrepreneur at the conceptual stage and will take them through the step-by-step process of developing a business plan from A to Z.
Speaker(s): Ryan Silvestre, Senior Business Consultant for SBDC at NJCU
We will discuss:
- Basics of a business plan,
- Different Entities,
- Certifications that can help businesses grow,
- Personal & Business Assessment Process,
- and MORE!
Sponsored and paid for by: the United States Small Business Administration, Small Business Development Center at NJCU, and New Jersey City University.
Have a comment or question? Send us an email at email@example.com
Training Courses and Event Policy:
Because we value the safety and security of our attendees and the communities they participate in, the following will not be accepted at any event hosted, organized, or participated by the SBDC.
- Children under 12 years of age.
- Children between 12-18 years of age without parental supervision.
- Inappropriate language or behavior.
- Unprofessional attire.
Event attendees/participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event at the discretion of the event staff.
Fee: No Cost
*EVENT TIME, LOCATION, AND/OR DATE CAN BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
The Symposium will be held on December 6 and hosted by Dr. Bernard McSherry, Dean, and New Jersey City University in Jersey City, NJ. This half day morning event will begin with a 9:00 AM registration and contain two nationally recognized key note speakers on financial literacy. Additionally, there are two tracks for participants – one track for classroom educators and one track for community leaders and not-for-profits.
What Organizations would Benefit?
• Community Nonprofits
• Faith-based organizations
• State and Local Government Agencies
Who Should Attend?
• Directors and Program Administrators
• Community Volunteers
What Financial Topics will be Addressed?
• Strategies for Promoting Financial Wellness in Disadvantaged Communities
• Advancing Financial Capability through Technology Access and Literacy
• Beth Kobliner, Best-selling Author: Get a Financial Life,
Personal Finance in Your Twenties & Thirties, Make Your Kid a
• Jonathan Clements, Former Personal-finance Columnist, The
Wall Street Journal, and Author: How to Think About Money